Sunday, May 11, 2008

Jellyfish In A Cup

Photobucket
The kids caught this little jellyfish in the surf at the beach in the previous post. You gotta be careful out there. Some people can be really allergic to the stings. One thing I didn't know that the local kids showed us is that if you hold your hand out flat and put the jellyfish in the palm of your hand they won't sting you.
The quality of the image isn't the best, but I'm sharing it because I love the plastic blue cup color and the pattern of rings created by the light shining through creating a focal direction.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is interesting they will not sting if your hand is flat. I wonder why...

Honduras Sprout said...

I know! It is curious why they don't sting like that, but I was amazed to see the kids holding it in the palm of their hands.

Anonymous said...

It's not that they WON'T sting you because your hand is flat. Your palms tend to be calloused and are the most resistant to jellyfish stings.